How to take care of your luxurious lingerie
Luxury lingerie is exactly what it says. Luxury. So you will undoubtedly spend more on lingerie that say at Walmart.. so it is important that you take care of them. Here are a few tips:
Bras should be hand-washed after about 5-7 wears. Hand washing can be tedious and boring, but it will pay off in the long run. At journelle.com they recommend that you combine similarly colored delicates in a sink of warmwater - and add a delicate wash that is specially formulated for lingerie. We recommend Forever New or our Linden Lingerie Wash made by The Laundress. Swish around a few times, gently squeeze and then lay flat to dry.
If you don't have time to hand wash your lingerie, and you have to use a washing machine keep these tips in mind:
- Use a gentle cycle with warm - never hot - water.
- Use a lingerie bag to keep them together.
- Use the same lingerie wash as we mentioned above.
- Never use the dryer! Lay your lingerie flat to dry
Store your lingerie in their original shapes. Don't leave them in direct sunlight, this might reduce the vibrancy of the colors. Some say soak them in salt water before washing - not very scientific but apparently it helps seal the colors.
- Wash carefully and delicately in cold water
- Fill the sink again with cold water
- Add a teaspoon of white vinegar to remove soap residue
- Rinse once more in cold, running water
- Wrap silk lingerie in a dry towel
- Roll out the silk - straighten it gently at the corners
- Set the iron at the coolest temperature setting
- Iron on the inside of the garment